Below is a reminder of some common formatting details that are often overlooked. For further clarification, check the Citation Examples tab.
- Citations need to be double-spaced.
- Use a hanging indent. That is, indent all but the first line of each citation (the opposite of how you indent a paragraph!).
- For book or article titles, only capitalize the first word of the title, and subtitle. Also capitalize proper nouns.
- Italicize book titles and journal titles; do not italicize article titles.
- For electronic materials, if you have a doi#, you do not need to include the database name.