Your Library Account
Koha provides users with both familiar and new features when logged into your library account. After logging in, you can:
- View a summary of your account: view checked out items, overdue items, fines, and current holds.
- Change your library account password
- Place holds on items: you must be logged in to your library account to place a hold on an item. Holds can be placed for currently checked-out item, or to have an item from another JFKU library location sent to a specific branch.
- Renew items: most books can be renewed online through your library account. Exceptions to renewals may be made for items with holds, recalled items, overdue or billed items, if your account is expired, or if you have reached your renewal limit for a particular item. Please contact a librarian if you are having trouble renewing an item.
- View your reading history: Koha can save your entire reading history in your library account. By default this is option is enabled, but you can disable your reading history by changing your privacy options.
- Change your privacy settings: this option allows you to decide how the library keeps your borrowing history data
- Change your notifcation settings: you can change which notifications you receive for your checked out items, and how you recieve them. Note: this does not apply to overdue notices.
- Tag items
- Create lists: review librarian created public lists and create or edit your own private lists.
- Make purchase suggestions: suggest purchases for the libraries and track their statuses online.
The videos tutorials on this page demonstrate how to use some of the features found in your library account. If you need further assistance, please contact a JFKU librarian.
Changing Your Password
It's very important that you change your password from the default provided. This tutorial will demonstrate the steps needed to change your password in your library account. If you are unable to log into your account, please contact the library.
How to Place a Hold
How to Renew Items
View Your Reading History
Changing Your Privacy Settings
Using Private Lists
Making a Purchase Suggestion
Accessing Your Library Account
To log in to and access your library account online, click on the "My Account" tab from the library homepage, or navigate to the "Log in to your account" link found on the upper right hand corner of the catalog page. You will need to log in to your account with your university ID number and password.
If you are unable to access your library account, contact us at 925-969-3109 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need help searching the catalog, or have comments, questions, or concerns about using Koha or your library account, please contact us. Librarians are available at all locations to assist you.
Pleasant Hill Fisher Library Reference: (925) 969-3109
Pleasant Hill Fisher Library Front Desk: (925) 969-3100
Berkeley Learning Resource Center: (510) 647-2048
San Jose Learning Resource Center: (408) 236-1102
Law Library: (925) 969-3120