Understanding Your Search Results
Results Page Overview
The number of results found for your search will appear above the results list. Your search terms will be highlighted in your results page.
- You can choose to unhighlight your search terms by toggling the unhighlight option (see arrow below).
If not previously selected, the results will be sorted by default by Relevance. You can choose to sort by Author, by Title, by Call Number, by Dates, or by Popularity.
You will see the availability of the items attached to the record. Availability information will include the item call number, the library branch that holds the copy/copies, and whether it is available or checked-out.
- If an item is available in electronic format, such as an ebook, a link to view the item will also be provided (see arrow below).
You may filter your results by selecting from the links that appear at the Refine Your Search menu on the left of your screen. The options include Availability, Authors, Libraries, Topics (Subjects), etc.
- Another way to limit your search to items at a specific library is to use the drop down menu next to the search box (see arrow below).
Your cart, lists, and placing holds
From the results screen you can also select items by checking the box next to the item record. You can then add items to your cart, or if you are logged into your library account, place holds and add items to your private lists.
- The cart is temporary. Items added to your cart will disappear after you close your browser. To save items for future use, log into your library account and create a private list.
- To add items to your cart or list, you need to choose your option from the dropdown menu, then click save.
Clicking a title will take you to its detailed record page, where you can view more specific information about a title, such as subject(s), user tags, and content summaries and table of contents if available (see the title notes & TOC tabs at the bottom of the record).
You can also view specific checkout information for items at all campuses, in the holdings tab. Next to a call number, the “Browse Shelf” link allows you to view the books that are shelved next to the selected item
From the detailed record, you can also place a hold on the item, or add it to your cart or lists.
Accessing Your Library Account
To log in to and access your library account online, click on the "My Account" tab from the library homepage, or navigate to the "Log in to your account" link found on the upper right hand corner of the catalog page. You will need to log in to your account with your university ID number and password.
If you are unable to access your library account, contact us at 925-969-3109 or email email@example.com.
If you need help searching the catalog, or have comments, questions, or concerns about using Koha or your library account, please contact us. Librarians are available at all locations to assist you.
Pleasant Hill Fisher Library Reference: (925) 969-3109
Pleasant Hill Fisher Library Front Desk: (925) 969-3100
Berkeley Learning Resource Center: (510) 647-2048
San Jose Learning Resource Center: (408) 236-1102
Law Library: (925) 969-3120